Sign up to Careercake and watch content that'll give your career a power up.Start your free trial now
Get unlimited access wherever you are; 24/7
Custom learning paths tailored to you
Delivered by leading experts
Let Clara Wilcox guide you through how to pitch yourself for a job when you THINK you don’t have all the skills. She’ll share with you the “behind the scenes” information that will help you make an impact on an employer and find that dream job.
- How your values drive you and your career motivations
- How to create an impactful elevator pitch
- How to bridge your perceived skills and experience gaps
- How you can make an impact on an employer
- How to verbalise your career story to date
Hello, I am Clara Wilcox and I run The Balance Collective. I’m a straight talking, practical and experienced coach helping clients navigate the tricky waters of returning to work, career changes and professional development. The Balance Collective is a social enterprise focused on improving the lives of parents, by working together to build inner confidence and promote a healthy work/life balance.
In today’s session I will be guiding you through how to pitch yourself for a job when you THINK you don’t have all the skills. I will share with you the “behind the scenes” information” that will help you find that dream job that will suit you and your family.
We will be covering 4 main areas.
You will understand how:
- Your values drive you and your career motivations
- To create an impactful elevator pitch
- To bridge your perceived skills and experience gaps
- You can make an impact on an employer and verbalise career story to date
By following these steps and reflecting through the workbooks, you will create an action plan you can use immediately to start your job search!